Teacher - Math - Superstition High
August 17, 2022
Mesa Public Schools is seeking excellent candidates for a Math teaching position at Superstition High for the 2022-2023 school year. Applicants must be appropriately certified.
Candidates must complete an on-line application which requires appropriate Arizona certification, valid Arizona fingerprint clearance card, evidence of highly qualified status, three letters of recommendation, and transcript of credits.
Mesa Public Schools offers competitive wages plus a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, AZ state retirement and paid sick leave.
For complete salary information visit http://www.mpsaz.org/hr/careers/jobs/salary/
The classroom teacher will lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential by translating the district curriculum standards and objectives into meaningful learning experiences through classroom instruction and indirectly through special area assignments. The teacher is responsible for maintaining a positive and appropriate educational environment and creating a program that meets the intellectual and emotional needs of all students.
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- Demonstrates knowledge of related subject matter, instructional skills, and resource materials.
- Utilizes a variety of effective instructional and management techniques.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and effective professional relationships with teachers, administrators, parents, students
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with parents and school personnel at all levels
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of related subject matter, instructional skills and resource materials
- Utilizes a variety of effective instructional and management techniques
- Considers the individual learning needs and abilities of students, as well as school and district learning goals, in preparation and utilization of lesson plans, instructional materials, and assessment documents
- Utilizes district-adopted textbooks and curriculum guides in instructional planning and implementation
- Incorporates higher level thinking strategies and real-life applications into lesson planning
- Creates instructional and assessment materials that align with learning objectives and method of instruction
- Uses available technology or instructional media to enhance the students’ learning experiences
- Continuously and accurately collects student achievement data using a variety of tools (e.g., tests, projects, demonstrations, checklists). Utilizes this information to make instructional and management decisions that will positively impact student achievement
- Establishes, supports and administers positive classroom management in accordance with regulations
- Establishes positive and appropriate relationships with students and maintains open lines of communication with students and parents concerning academic and behavioral progress
- Works with parents and school personnel representatives to provide an appropriate education for each student
- Produces, utilizes and maintains student records that relate to student achievement, attendance and discipline
- Provides a positive and safe environment that is conducive to learning
- Takes an active role in establishing and supporting school goals and resolving school concerns
- Communicates an expectation of success for all students