To plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program at Lumos Arts Academy that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the principal.
1. Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
2. Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials (including keeping them on pace in
3. Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
4. Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and reinforcing expectations. 5.
Assign and grade all work. Provide students timely and detailed feedback on work.
6. Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development. Communicate progress report information to parents.
7. Attend required teacher and staff meetings. Provide input and feedback as appropriate. Align self to the Lumos way and enhance the culture being cultivated.
8. Substitute for absent staff members, as necessary.
9. Effectively communicate with colleagues, students, and parents
10. Attend departmental and All Staff meetings/events as scheduled.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Oral Communication Skills Written Project Management Professionalism
Communication Skills Customer Time Management Computer Literacy
Relations Keyboard Skills
Customer Service Reading Skills
Degree: Bachelor’s Degree required, in Education preferred; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Teaching experience preferred. Loving students and a commitment to enhance their lives, required; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge; skills and abilities.
List of Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently in an 8-hour shift is required to sit; stand; walk; kneel; crouch; stoop; balance; climb; use repetitive motions; lift up to 25 lbs; reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger; handle or feel and look at a computer or hand-held screen for long periods of time.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Please see your immediate supervisor with any questions you may have.
LUMOS Arts Academy