EDUCATION ASSISTANT – CLASSROOM Job 2538
May 25, 2022
Catalina Foothills School District
2101 E. River Rd.
Tucson, Arizona 85718
- Work with students individually and in groups and assist them with lessons and instruction according to the teacher’s lesson plan.
- Assist teacher in delivering whole class projects.
- Monitor students on school grounds, before school, at lunch, at break, on playgrounds, during passing periods and a traffic duty and emphasize appropriate behavior.
- Administer tests and collect and grade homework and tests. Read to and assist students in reading.
- Prepare classroom materials, report cards, bulletin boards and visual aids.
- Arrange field trips.
- Provide clerical support to teachers or subject specialists, such as copying and collating instructional materials, and creating letters, forms and supply orders.
- Enter data on homework hotline. Record and assign lockers to students.
- Assist with and deliver student counseling and discipline in an urgent situation in the absence of a teacher. May assist in providing clerical support to the school office.
- Assist teachers in carrying out educational program.
- Interact with children to encourage positive self concept and enthusiasm for the discovery process. Prepare and care for the classroom and playground as needed.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Prepare and clean-up daily snack.
- Adhere to the goals, policies and procedures of the program.
Hiring Pay Range: $14.01-$14.87 per hour, DOE
Schedule: .875 FTE, 35 hours/week; Hours: Mon thru Fri, 7:45am – 3:15pm (includes a 30 minute unpaid meal break)
10 months/188 paid work days per year
Minimum Required Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED.
Special Requirements: CPR and First Aid certificate are required within one (1) year of hire.
Target Start Date: 08/05/2022
Location: Sunrise Drive Elementary School
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website at www.cfsd16.org and go to the Human Resources tab. From the drop down menu, select "Employment Opportunities," then click on "Classified Job Openings."
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy: CFSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in the District’s policy concerning sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, or disability.