SUMMARY: Implement the American School Counselor Association National Model (ASCA). As a member of the School Counseling staff, the counselor is to provide a comprehensive school counseling program for all students at the site, which aligns with the district and school’s mission to promote academic, social/emotional, and college/career development, while ensuring equity and access for all students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· To provide a comprehensive school counseling program for all students at the site, which aligns with the district and school’s mission to promote academic, social/emotional, and college/career development, while ensuring equity and access for all students.
· Provides services in individual, small group and large group counseling settings.
· Suggests and administers further tests to measure special skills and interests in order to build upon student strengths.
· Study results obtained and counsel students (and parents, as appropriate) concerning educational or behavior modification needed to improve performance.
· Discusses with other professionals, such as principals, special education teachers, psychologists, or other medical personnel, additional services to benefit individual students.
· Attends, participates, and as directed leads TAT/TOAT, PBIS, and other related meetings.
· Coordinates information gathered and proposes data driven program to achieve desired goals.
· Discusses alternatives with students, and advises in selection of what seems to be the most desirable course of action.
· Reviews and evaluates progress, and recommends modifications as appropriate on a regular schedule over an extended period.
· Plans and implements whole class lessons to encourage and motivate students.
Education & Experience:
· Masters degree in School Guidance and Counseling or a related field.
· Arizona School Counselor Certificate.
· Arizona IVP fingerprint clearance card.
· Valid Arizona driver’s license.
· Arizona Teacher’s Certificate.
· Three years experiences a Teacher.
· Three years experience as a School Counselor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Demonstrated knowledge of accepted childcare methods and behavior management techniques and knowledge of relevant government regulations.
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with children and adults.
· Skills in working effectively with students and families from diverse cultural backgrounds.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situation.
· Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students, parents and community business members.
· Ability to work independently and to maintain confidentiality.
· Perform all duties in accordance with Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
· Computer Proficiency: Utilizes all appropriate, available and relevant technology to ensure duties are performed effectively.
Robles Elementary, a Pre-K to 5th grade school of approximately 320 students is seeking a dynamic counselor to join our All-Star team.
Altar Valley School District lies just southwest of Tucson, Arizona approximately 10 miles west of Ryan Airfield and 25 miles from Kitt Peak National Observatory. AVSD staff members have the good fortune to work in small, student-centered schools in a supportive, rural community where our positive efforts are making a difference in the lives of our students. We are part of a two school district. Altar Valley Middle Schools serves our 6th through 8th grade students.
Both of the district’s schools effectively serve high percentages of at-risk students in a variety of ways beyond standardized test achievement success. We offer numerous extra-curricular programs aimed at serving our students, families, and the whole community. District and site-based decision-making is best on the best interest of students.
Our staff is a mix of area residents and commuters from Tucson. Our close proximity to the city enables employees to enjoy the many benefits of Tucson, including access to the University of Arizona. If you are a team player, looking for a progressive district where your ideas are valued, we might be the place for you.
For more information to apply:
Visit our website – www.altarvalleyschools.org