6th Grade Science / Social Studies Teacher
May 06, 2022
La Paloma Academy Central
2050 N. Wilmot Rd.
Tucson, Arizona 85712
We are hiring a qualified/certified 6th grade Science /Social Studies teacher for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year. We have a family environment, treat our teachers with respect and offer a competitive wage.
La Paloma Academy Central is a charter school located at 2050 N. Wilmot Road in Tucson. Feel free to visit and take a tour of the school. The campus is amazing, and our enrollment continues to grow.
We are looking for an energetic and dedicated individual to join us in our dynamic work environment, serving our community’s youth. College degree preferred.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Please do not apply if you do not meet ALL minimum requirements):
- Applicants need to be highly qualified/certified as defined by the State of Arizona
- Applicants should have relevant experience
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Strong communication skills
- Self-directed personality traits
- Courteous and professional demeanor and dress
- Ability to work 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Ability to operate computers, classroom technology, and computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, copiers, and cell phone functions such as text, email, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
ALSO DESIRED (not required):
- Track record of past academic achievement with children
- Willingness to bring other skills, abilities, ideas, and time to the school in the form of after-school student offerings, or by the sponsoring of after-school clubs
- Experience working in the charter school sector
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000 and up DOE, Prop 301 performance pay is given to teachers in addition to our teacher’s salary.
Schedule: Monday to Friday