STRINGS/ORCHESTRA TEACHER FOR THE 22-23 SY Job 2311
April 21, 2022
Catalina Foothills School District
2101 E. River Rd.
Tucson, Arizona 85718
- Implements by instruction and action the District philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives, and best practices in music.
- Implements the district’s program of study (standards, learning goals) for strings instruction, assessment, and performance.
- Plans a balanced strings music program and organizes class time so that preparation, rehearsal, and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time.
- Executes the subject matter knowledge requirements and pedagogical approaches specific to strings to engage student performers and provide an effective program.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated standards and learning goals.
- Utilizes repertoire of music literature, including traditional and contemporary, that is appropriate for the ages and skill levels of the students.
- Differentiates methods and materials for the purpose of providing lessons and assignments appropriate to the varying levels of students’ skills.
- Collaborates with colleagues in planning instructional goals and methods.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment during practice, group rehearsals, and musical performances.
- Assesses student growth and performance toward expectations and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents, and administration.
- Plans, rehearses, and directs students in musical programs for the school and community.
- Collaborates with strings colleagues and school administration in providing musical programs for school and/or district performances.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and materials, including the management of storage and use of school-owned property; requests repairs to instruments as required.
- Utilizes communication skills and strategies to recruit students and build a strong and thriving district-wide strings/orchestra program.
- Maintains positive working relationships with parents, students, and teachers.
- Provides progress reports/report cards as required by law, District policy, and administrative regulation.
- Maintains accurate permanent academic and attendance records for students.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Governing Board Policy.
- Participates in a variety of meetings (e.g., district, faculty, department, special education, school improvement) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional resources as needed.
- Maintains and improves professional competence.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned.
Full-time (1.0 FTE)
Must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university; must have an appropriate teaching certificate or certificate with endorsement as issued by the State of Arizona; must meet district requirements for subject/grade area assigned; must have a strong knowledge of strings pedagogy.
NOTE: All of our certified positions require a full Structured English Immersion (SEI) Endorsement within one year of hire.
Date available: 07/27/22
Location: This position will support two of our elementary schools, as well as one of our middle schools.
To apply, please visit our website at www.cfsd16.org and go to the Human Resources tab. From the drop down menu, select "Employment Opportunities," then click on "Certified Elementary Openings."
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy: CFSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in the District’s policy concerning sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, or disability.