Secondary Science Teacher
April 19, 2022
Baboquivari Unified School District
PO Box 248
Sells, AZ 85634
Phone: (520) 719-1200
Fax: (520) 383-5441
Prepare lesson plans and instruct students. Evaluate and monitor students’ performance.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
A valid Arizona Secondary Teaching certificate is required. Earth Science, Chemistry, or Physics are approved areas(s) required for the position. Valid Arizona DPS Fingerprint Card.
THE LIST OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND MAY BE SUPPLEMENTED.
- Prepare lesson plans and instruct students in accordance with established curriculum and student needs.
- Assess student needs and performance. Develop, implement and evaluate daily lesson plans, to include scheduled activities and materials. Modify instruction to meet the needs of each child.
- Plan, organize, and display classroom materials appropriate to curricular activities.
- Uses and implements classroom management techniques to maintain organization, orderliness, student safety, and a productive learning environment.
- Plans instruction and implements instructional techniques to encourage and motivate students.
- Evaluate students’ performance regarding achievements in curriculum and activities. Make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Ensure parents and students are informed of methods of evaluation used in the classroom.
- Inform parents of student progress and school activities. Advise parents of instructional methods that may assist students.
- Participates as a member of an instructional team to promote learning activities for students, consistent with district and school education objectives.
- Notify the site administrator of the special needs of students who display characteristics that vary from the norm.
- Collaborate with specialists as needed to assist students.
- Observe the behavior of children in the classroom and on the playground.
- May monitor the activities of a teacher assistant and classroom volunteers.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE
Salary Range: $52,000 - $61,000 (Based on degree & up to 5 years experience)
- District paid employee medical
- Affordable housing, if available
- Shuttle from Tucson and Robles Junction
- Paid Professional Development
To apply visit our website: http://www.busd40.org