EDUCATION ASSISTANT – INCLUSION Job 2448
April 14, 2022
Catalina Foothills School District
2101 E. River Rd.
Tucson, Arizona 85718
- Work individually with students with special needs and support educational progress of the student’s established Individual Education Program (IEP);
- Modify lessons, instructional materials, quizzes and tests for student accessibility and comprehension; Conduct parallel teaching/tutoring;
- Take notes for student;
- Work with small groups of students;
- Maintain behavior reinforcement programs for positive and negative behavior;
- Provide physical support and assistance to assure student moves between classroom locations in a timely manner;
- Assist with major personal, physical and custodial needs of the student including feeding, lifting, positioning, assisted walking, pushing a wheelchair and toilet needs;
- Assist with range of motion exercises, physical/occupational therapy programs and physical education;
- Assist student in developing fine and gross motor skills, balance and interpreting directions;
- Assist with speech therapy;
- Follow established medical emergency plans for medically frail and medically involved students as needed;
- Teach life skills and study skills;
- Write and submit progress reports;
- Assist other special needs students as needed;
- Use a variety of methods, such as assistive software, sign language, Braille and typing/writing for the student, to communicate with student and assist student in developing functional communications skills;
- Monitor and document student activities and progress for teacher and parental review;
- Assist teachers in carrying out education program;
- Assist teachers in working with special needs children;
- Attend consultations with specialists to meet needs of special needs children;
- Interact with children to encourage positive self-concept and enthusiasm for the discovery process;
- Prepare classroom and playground as needed;
- Attend weekly staff meetings;
- Adhere to the goals, policies and procedures of the program;
- Assist students on the bus as required in their IEP, including the following: using needed restraints, observing/assisting students during the trip to keep them comfortable and safe; reporting any difficulties or changes in students’ needs to the supervisor; assist students in evacuating the vehicle in case of emergency; assisting students to the door for door-to-door needs;
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Hiring Pay Range: $15.85 – $16.82 per hour, DOE
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 3:00pm (with 30 min. unpaid meal break)
30 hours per week, 10 months, 188 paid workdays per year
Minimum Required Qualifications: Associates degree preferred and six (6) months of working with children with special needs.
Special Requirements: CPR certificate and First Aid certificate are required within one (1) year of hire.
For job description, tasks, and physical requirements, please visit the Catalina Foothills School District website, www.cfsd16.org.
Target Start Date: 08/05/2022
Location: Valley View Early Learning Center
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website at www.cfsd16.org and go to the Human Resources tab. From the drop down menu, select "Employment Opportunities," then click on "Classified Job Openings."
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy: CFSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in the District’s policy concerning sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, or disability.