Substitute Teacher K-8
April 11, 2022
La Paloma Academy Central
2050 N. Wilmot Rd.
Tucson, Arizona 85712
La Paloma Academy’s Central campus is currently seeking substitute teachers for the current school year. We have a family environment and treat our teachers with respect.
La Paloma Academy Central is a charter school located at 2050 N. Wilmot Rd., in Tucson. Feel free to visit and take a tour of the school. The campus is amazing, and our enrollment continues to grow.
Prospective employees must possess great, positive energy, must be excellent at classroom management, and must work well with all students in grades 1-8. Our substitute teachers enjoy flexible days in a position that pays $120/day.
If you are an energetic and dedicated educator, we invite you to join us in our dynamic work environment, serving our community’s youth.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Please do not apply if you do not meet ALL minimum requirements):
- Substitute teachers need to have the proper State of Arizona certification
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Strong communication skills
- Self-directed personality traits
- Courteous and professional demeanor and dress
- Ability to work 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, unless otherwise specified, such as after-school teachers, who are needed from 3-6 p.m.
- Ability to operate computers, classroom technology, and computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, copiers, and cell phone functions such as text, email, etc.)
ALSO DESIRED (NOT REQUIRED):
- Track record of past academic achievement with children
- Willingness to bring other skills, abilities, ideas, and time to the school in the form of after-school offerings, or by the sponsoring of after-school clubs
- Experience working in the charter school sector