Continental School District No. 39
TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
CONTRACT TERMS: 12-month
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Classified
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides high level administrative support by performing a wide variety of specialized and responsible secretarial and administrative duties to the assigned office
· Assumes and performs essential central office duties, including scheduling substitutes, appointments, supervision of incoming mail, faxing, mailing, filing, copying, answering phones, and responding to inquiries.
· May occasionally supervise front office staff, as assigned by Superintendent.
· Coordinates and maintains records for staff office space, phones, district keys, etc.
· Plans, schedules, and coordinates events, such as appointments, conferences, meetings, events including coordinating all sponsors and participants; determining and monitoring appropriate funding; personnel support; facilities; logistics; speakers; purchasing; advertising; production of flyers, brochures and correspondence; and resolving problems.
· Maintain calendar and arrange for travel accommodations as assigned.
· Interprets and applies Governing Board policies and regulations; administrative procedures; and federal, state and local laws, as applicable.
· Coordinates communication between the Superintendent, Governing Board and District personnel, governing board, parents, students, educational institutions, vendors, service providers, the community, and other civic and service organizations and the public.
· Coordinates with various departments the dissemination of documents and information in a timely manner.
· Coordinates, compiles, and prepares Governing Board agenda materials.
· Assists with the dissemination of information, collection of complaints, and requests for information, while adhering to applicable timelines.
· Researches, reviews, checks, corrects, and compiles a variety of information; including assisting auditors, verifying data for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established procedures; inputting and retrieving computerized data in computer systems as required.
· Responds to complaints, concerns, and requests for information from students, parents, staff, and the public regarding school issues, District programs, policies, regulations, and procedures with confidentiality, tact, sensitivity, and expedites referrals to the appropriate party for resolution with expediency.
· Independently researches, composes, creates and processes a wide variety of complex materials such as correspondence, reports, contracts, forms, spreadsheets, flyers, brochures, applications, memoranda, and other documents.
· Takes and transcribes minutes, letters, and memoranda, including materials of a confidential nature as required by the position; prepares correspondence and memoranda independently or from oral instructions.
· Receives, processes, and routes mail; orders, issues and maintains department supplies, forms, and equipment.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
A. REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
· Any combination equivalent to: high school diploma plus college coursework in business, office practices or related field and three (3) years responsible secretarial or administrative assistant experience involving the use of word processing and spreadsheets.
· Highly skilled in word processing and spreadsheet applications. Experience with database and presentation applications preferred.
· Ability to type 45 wpm;
· Demonstrated proficiency with PC program and office equipment;
· Ability to communicate and work well with staff, students and the public.
· Knowledge commonly used office concepts, practices and procedures.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, District staff, business professionals, Governing Board, and the general public.
· Ability to be highly organized and detail oriented.
· Ability to coordinate and complete multiple tasks and assignments at one time.
B. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
C. COMMITMENT & DEPENDABILITY
· Willingness to perform as an integral member of a successful team;
· Dedication to providing the highest level of customer service;
· Willingness to abide by established policies and procedures
A. TIME MANAGEMENT: Routine work with minimal planning needed;
B. STRESS MANAGEMENT: Minimal stress associated with position;
C. PUBLIC CONTACT: Interacts primarily with other employees and the general public;
D. LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Uses initiative and sound judgment in performing responsibilities.
EVALUATION PROCEDURE: In accordance with provisions specified in Governing Board policy;
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Principal and Superintendent
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Supervisory responsibility as assigned by Superintendent.
Our school is located in the small retirement community of Green Valley. Originally established in the 1960's to be a community of Homeowner Organizations (HOA), it now boasts a thriving population of over 21,000 people. While still predominately a retirement community, it now serves almost 200 families. Our school and retirement community work hand in hand for the betterment of Green Valley. Our students benefit from the many ‘elders’ who volunteer their time and expertise, making our district a truly unique place to be.
Continental School has served the community of Green Valley since the early 1900's. Our name comes from the Continental Rubber Company, which grew various crops in the area to the east. Although we are located in the desert southwest, Green Valley gets its name from the many mature pecan trees that grow in our area, providing a brilliant, green contrast to the desert landscape around us.