October 21, 2021
Fountain Hills Unified School District
16000 E Palisades Blvd
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
Phone: (480) 664-5017
Job Goal To effectively and efficiently help students reach learning benchmarks, pass classes, and prepare for tests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assist in teaching study skills and other aspects of college preparation
- Be familiar with the AVID tutorial process
- Become familiar with the textbooks and materials used by AVID students
- Set an example of personal excellence and high expectations for all AVID students to follow
- Help assess, assist and encourage student in the learning processes
- Contributes to student learning, growth, and advancement
- Demonstrates academic competence in subject area(s)
- Maintains a growth mindset toward student learning
- Collaborates effectively with parents and the District to increase student performance
- Designs and facilitates differentiated and personalized learning goals and activities that follow a coherent sequence, are aligned to instructional goals, and engage students in high-level cognitive activity
- Connect with parents and keep them informed of student’s progress and areas of improvement
Qualification and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Valid AZ Teaching Certificate
- Associates and/ or Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional appearance and demeanor
Knowledge and Skills
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate and encourage students to improve their academics performance using effective goal-setting strategies
- Display good time management skills
- Ability to maintain rapport and composure with parents, students, staff, and the general public
- Ability to recognize potential problems and take steps to prevent hazards
- Alert and careful
- Ability to relate to the public, staff, and students in a positive manner
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret written documents
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply principles of reason and logic for problem-solving purposes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop or kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.