Director of Career and Technical Education
September 01, 2021
Tolleson Union High School District
9801 W Van Buren Street
Tolleson, Arizona 85353
The Director of Career & Technical Education will be responsible for the planning, organizing and operation of Career & Technical Education, including curriculum, assessments and teaching, Guidance Departments, Career Development, and Education and Career Action Plans, to ensure quality programs that meet student learning needs.
- Master’s degree in Education, preferably in school administration.
- Must possess an Arizona teaching certificate. Administrative certificate preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years as a teacher, Career and Technical Education preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years as a site administrative leader in an educational setting preferred.
- Experience with grants and data management preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in the design and implementation of Career and Technical Education curriculum as well as delivery of professional development.
- Knowledge of the development, monitoring, and state and federal requirements of Career and Technical Education, grants, and state reporting.
- Evidence of communication skills and collaborative leadership.
- Experience in creating, implementing, and assessing a strategic plan for Career and Technical Education.
- Maintains appropriate direction for Career and Technical Education funded programs in accordance with district goals and objectives.
- Ensures that all Career and Technical programs have curriculum and assessments that are aligned with state standards and Career & Technical Education competencies and provides professional development to CTE staff and administrators.
- Analyzes information, connects with community, integrates curriculum, and ensures student achievement in all programs under his/her direction. This includes making recommendations for long term adjustments, changes, additions, and deletions to the Career and Technical Education programs to meet changing job trends.
- Administers and oversees the following areas: Career and Technical Education, Education and Career Action Plans, and Guidance Department. Coordinates and provides leadership and direction for Guidance Department to increase professional growth, discuss problems and maintain a consistent approach to dealing with students. Ensures that all students have Education and Career Action Plans that are aligned to graduation requirements and college and career readiness standards.
- Prepares, monitors, and manages the grants for Career and Technical Education program implementation and compliance. Maintains student and program data relative to compliance for Career and Technical Education grants.
- Maintains membership in and participates in professional organizations devoted to Career and Technical Education including the Arizona Department of Education and Western Maricopa Tech Prep Consortium.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business and industry representatives.
- Support, abide and implement the District Mission and Governing Board goals, policies, and strategic plans/actions.
- Perform other duties as determined by the Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop or kneel.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction
Terms of Employment:
This position will be evaluated annually as outlined in Governing Board Policy
Administrative/Professional Services Initial Placement Salary Schedule
Apply at: https://www.applitrack.com/tuhsd/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Administration%2fProfessional+Services